//Google Plus Verification Google+

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sturgeon Creek on the Rise



I caught these photos just as Sturgeon creek started to trickle over top of Ness avenue on Tuesday, Apr 14th.

As you can see, there were a fair number of onlookers, as well as the press. I'm sure that this fact was helped out by it being well into the double digits temperature wise. I heard several mothers admonish their children to not get so near to the water. I found myself wondering if the engineering of the bridge was up to snuff as I walked from one side of the bridge to the other, my shoes partway submerged in the creek-water. What also struck me was the collections of debris, and garbage in the eddies and swirls of the current. Just remember the next time you think about tossing away that McDonalds cup. It doesn't just disappear.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It helps me get a feel for what people like and dislike about the blog.